Karlie Kloss

Karlie Kloss
Karlie Kloss

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

You know that thing I said about finishing the fast? Well, about that...










June 8 Weigh-in:

Weight: 115
BMI: 17.5
Total pounds lost: 5.5

Hello, ladies. So, this morning I broke the fast. This, however, was not without reason. When I woke up this morning, I felt horrible. I could barely stand up and felt nauseous. I was dizzy, so much so that I couldn't even stand up as I brushed my teeth - I had to sit down. So, I decided to be a smart little girl and listen to my body and EAT. Breakfast was yummy :) I love how after a fast, food tastes so much better. I also learned something else...

I shouldn't have set my goal BMI for this fast in the anorexic BMI range anyway. Yes, I want to be underweight, and I've found that I can be underweight and still be healthy. So, I've set for myself a BMI range of 17.5-19, no more, no less. So why did I make my goal for this fast a BMI of 17.4?? Who knows. All I know now is that I can't let myself do that ever again, because I know once I start setting lower goals, I'll just keep setting lower and lower ones until I have major health issues and won't even look attractive. I know some of you have set BMI goals lower than mine, and that's fine. This is just what I need to do for myself, so don't feel I'm criticizing your goals. I just need to stay true to what I know is best for me, and not shoot lower just because others are. This fast taught me that. Thank you, fasting!!

You really can learn so much about yourself from fasting. If you haven't tried it before, you should :) Think thin, ladies!!

-Lita

5 comments:

  1. Healthy body, healthy mind, healthy soul! Good for you for being a healthy woman! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all about listening to your body. :)
    If you are hungry, eat.
    If you are not, then you do not have to.
    Simple as that. :)
    And I think you have got it!
    I am super proud of how well you are doing.
    Keep up the amazing work!
    You are a wonderful person and you deserve this success!
    Hang in there and stay strong love. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on listening to your body. You need to stay healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you broke the fast as you recognised that your body was in trouble. I never do fasts because I just know I'd be like that by 12pm on the first day! Even when I am restricting hard I never skip breakfast, my bowl of oats is my fave!

    Thank you for your comment on today's post, I know I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful, loving BF (even if he does my nut in sometimes!) and I have no intention of ever letting him go. We have been together almost 2 years now, and would happily marry tomorrow if we had the money. :-)

    Stay healthy chick

    AJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on you for listening to your body! I'm very proud of you, especially after your previous post about the pressure of doing things for the blog. Stay healthy xxx

    ReplyDelete