Karlie Kloss

Karlie Kloss
Karlie Kloss

Thursday, April 7, 2011

I've found my way!!




Who knows how long this will satisfy me, but for now, I am content with my new-found happy medium :)

It's called the 1200 calorie diet, and here's an article that effectively explains it below:

http://dothistogetridofcellulite.com/blog/1200-calorie-diets-the-fastest-safe-weight-loss-diet-for-women/

What stood out to me about it is this:

"1,200 calories is known as the bare minimum amount of calories that a woman can consume on a regular basis and still be healthy."

Yes, yes, yes! I have a deep desire to be healthy but to be beautifully thin at the same time, and right now, the 1200 calorie diet seems to be the perfect fit for me. It allows me to work out, or not work out. I can eat whatever I want as long as I stay within 1200 calories. It's the extreme version of the calorie restriction diet. Hello, thinness!

I weighed myself this morning and I'm at a perfect starting point for this diet (which I've started today. So far, I'm at 395 calories). I weigh 122, which for me is a BMI of 18.5, a supposedly "healthy" or "normal" BMI. I'm excited to see where this takes me. Lately, with school from 8-6 and opera rehearsal from 6-10, I have not had time to work out. Restricting my calories will help me stay thin even with how busy I am right now.

The biggest thing is, this feels right to me!! I'm so thankful.

One thing I need to do, though, is ignore what a "normal" or "healthy" BMI is. Chances are, restricting my calories this much will reduce my weight significantly, putting me in the "underweight" zone. That's okay, if I keep in mind that 1200 calories is actually healthy, no matter one's activity level.

Happiness, happiness, happiness! I've found my zen :)

Thanks, everyone, for dealing with my spell of questioning. It's over, at least for now. I'm on to a new journey!

Love always,

Lita

p.s... The photos are of Bar Rafaeli, a supermodel who is known for being a beautiful bombshell, and also being incredibly healthy!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment